Barron County Facade ProgramDOWNTOWN FACADE LOAN SUMMARY:
The Downtown Facade Loan Program provides financial assistance to encourage property and business owners in core downtown areas to revitalize downtown commercial buildings within the towns, cities, and villages of Barron County.
- Applicants must provide acceptable facade design plans that comply with approved general design guidelines adopted by local loan committee.
- Loan size can range from $5,000 to $30,000.
- 0% fixed interest rate.
- Repayment terms up to 7 years.
- Amortization terms up to 15 years.
- All loans shall be secured by a mortgage on the property being renovated.
- Unlimited personal guarantees are required for any owner with greater than 20% ownership interest in the business.
- Be located within designated downtown boundaries of eligible towns, villages, and cities
- Demonstrate ability to repay the loan.
- Property taxes must be kept current.
- Provide acceptable design plans for building renovation.
- Eligible activities include: facade renovation; exterior lighting, doors, and graphics; signage, windows, and awnings; other facade or landscape improvements.
- Review design guidelines provided by community.
- Complete and submit application and design plans to the primary contact at the local loan contact.
- Application and design plans are reviewed by local loan committee and a decision will be made.
- Review design guidelines will be provided by the community. Application and design plans are reviewed by the local loan committee.
Barron - Link to map of facade program area.
Chetek - Link to map of facade program area.
Cumberland - Link to map of facade program area.
Rice Lake - Link to map of facade program area.
Turtle Lake - Link to map of facade program area.
Cameron will be added soon.
Dallas will be added soon.
For more information please contact Dave Armstrong, Barron County Economic Development at 715-637-6871 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Barron County Economic Development Corporation
335 East Monroe Ave, Rm 2311
Barron County Government Center
Barron, WI 548122
Toll Free: 1-800-529-4148