About Barron County
There’s something for everyone in Barron County! Thriving small towns and cities, beautiful countryside along with lakes and streams offer a great place to live and visit. Welcoming to Barron County, we hope you enjoy your visit and possibly decide to make this your home .
Golf, fishing, canoeing, camping, skiing, and over 300 miles of snowmobiling and ATV trails offer endless opportunities to enjoy Wisconsin’s best! The gorgeous Red Cedar River is well-known for its small mouth bass fishing and amazing fall colors. There are many points of interest and activities year-round, both indoor and outdoor. For indoor fun, there are bowling lanes, roller skating rinks, traditional live theatre, movie theaters, and great shopping. Watch for specialty locally grown foods like bison, cheese and produce, even tour a brewery!
Add to this a vibrant and growing business community, with strong agriculture, manufacturing, construction, service and healthcare sectors. Entrepreneurs are welcome and will love our innovative atmosphere.
We hope you’ll enjoy your visit with us in Barron County. You’ll love the wonderful mix of beauty, recreation, arts, and business environment that that keep visitors coming back to our area again and again.
We have formed a parnership with Workforce Resources and WITC to provide training adacemy's to prepare entry level low skill workers for a career.
Individuals participating in academy will receive:
1. One - two weeks of training
2. Curriculum developed by participating employers, WITC Rice Lake and Workforce Resource.
Employers will gain:
1. New hires that have received training prior to hire
2. The ability to gauge applicant fit prior to hire.
We also have programs in place to assist employers to train individuals for promotion.
We are looking for additional employers to benefit from these programs. Please do not hesitate to contact Dave Armstrong at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
SAVE THE DATE
Thursday, April 20, 2017
Eau Claire, WI
More details will be forthcoming, but here is a tentative outline of the day:
- Morning: Overview of Strong Towns for elected officials professional staff, business leaders, and others from throughout our region
- Afternoon: Walking audit in downtown Eau Claire with introductory remarks beforehand and an overview of findings afterward
- Evening: Curbside Chat – public event that discusses Strong Towns principles and what citizens can do to participate in the process.
- Rice Lake
- Turtle Lake
- St Croix Casino
Barron County Economic Development Corporation
330 East LaSalle Avenue
Government Center, Room 2311
P.O. Box 71
Barron, WI 54812
Toll Free: 1-800-529-4148